Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife

Maybe it was a bad night to pop it in.
I had been up since 4:30 am and spent nine hours driving, broken by three hours of camera set up and interview. All of which I found more enjoyable than the first ten minutes of The Time Traveler's Wife. It was like the decision which drove me to watch, instead of read, Twilight. It seemed like it would be less of a waste of time. The opening sequence, however, was so long and uninteresting that I knew if the rest of the movie was going to be like that, we would not be friends. And Eric Bana showed up and the dialogue started and I knew we wouldn't be friends. So I turned it off. Maybe I will let it play in the background and it can seep in around my boring movie spidey senses and we can work through our differences.
Maybe the book would be better.
I just can't abide poorly written dialogue, grates my nerves.
My real curiosity was to see if it was anything like Outlander, since it deals with a husband and wife and time travel.
I don't know.
Today will be given to the reading of Breaking Dawn, setting aside Rules of Vengeance again to read something with a wee bit more life in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment