Friday, April 22, 2011

Who Needs Page Numbers? A poll

There is a reason people use publishers. Because publishers know how to print things in a professional manner. I’m a writer. I’m not a tech wizard, though I’m trying to be. Once again the page numbers didn’t transfer from the word–>PDF–>proof. Now, in Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0 the page numbers are there. When I open that PDF in Preview (on a Mac) the page numbers don’t show up. How much flipping sense does that make? Other people who have had page number issues say their manuscripts were rejected because of it. Mine was never rejected, so I don’t know. Others say they didn’t have page numbers in their proofs but in the actual copies they did. Others say I need to complete ten million steps to create a clean file and then re-format everything (E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G). Still others say I must make sure my chapter changes always occur on the righthand page so I don’t look like an amateur.
And there are people who scoff at the idea that writing books for a living is work. Oh buddy….
So I'm conducting a poll on my Facebook page...come help a mommy out!

No comments:

Post a Comment