Tuesday, June 14, 2011

America's Got Talent~Favorite Moments

There isn't a lot of time in my day for watching TV, but one show I always make time for is America's Got Talent. The judges are kind and quirky and play perfectly off each other and the talent is widely varied. And, well, Michael Grimm. That's all that really needs to be said. Oh, Michael Grimm. Halfway through his audition last season I proclaimed, "He's going to win it!" Lo and behold, I am very much like a prophet, because win it he did. His album, Leave Your Hat On, is one of my absolute favorites. For this season, however, I have seen no clear winner yet, but many, many, potential candidates. This girl, Dani Shay, with her wit and clear, strong voice just might be one of them. Admittedly, I have never listened to an entire Bieber song, all the way through. We listen to http://www.joyfmonline.org or CD's. Carefully selected Mumford & Sons (I have little boys, little ears), Michael Grimm, they even appreciate some classic country such as Johnny Cash and every so often I'll let them listen to edited Black Eyed Peas. They like to get their groove on, what can I say. So, while I am not daily exposed to Justin Bieber (the boys would protest vehemently if I was), I am aware of the craze. My oldest son is ten and he hates Bieber because the girls at school are gaga for him. I tease him that he's just jealous that Bieber got Victoria Justice, but he denies this.

No comments:

Post a Comment