Thursday, June 9, 2011

The von Strassenberg Saga ~ Vlog 1

While studying Broadcast Journalism it was never my dream to be an anchor on the nightly news. Though I can do a cold reading from the teleprompter with the best of them, being on camera makes me shudder. Regardless, book trailers and video logs seems to be the thing, so we'll give it a try. My husband says this video is false advertising as I am way too calm and quiet. But, as I pointed out, there are a) no children present in this video (though a sword fight broke out in the background, this was edited out) and b) no husband sitting off camera making relentless comments in an effort to get my knickers in a knot. I am situationally funny and the camera built in to my HTC Inspire doesn't give me much material to work. So without further adieu, here is me telling you why I wrote The von Strassenberg Saga. And I apologize because the video geek in me took over and I was completely amused by the effect a dramatic music bed, coupled with desaturated video and slow zoom, can have. It makes me chuckle. But then, I am part tech geek.


The paperback version of Filter is cheapest ($10) at Barnes and Noble. You can also read Filter on your Kindle or Nook! http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/filter-gwenn-wright

No comments:

Post a Comment