Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lipstick & Bolsheviks: Teaser Two


“Where can I find you this evening and where shall we go?”
“How about we just meet wherever it is we’re going?”
Sasha turned his gaze away from her, watching as a stream of strangers passed by them. “I do suppose I should not expect you to be any less suspicious of me than you are of your own mother.” He locked his blue eyes onto her as if daring her to be blunt.
“Well Mr. Gretchenko, we did only just meet. Twentieth century woman or not, I like to be careful.”
“I imagine what you have just been through would make any woman a little less trusting of the male of the species.”
A tight smile stretched across her countenance. Her cheeks sucked in, her nostrils flared ever so slightly. He could see the flames of her fury rising just beneath the surface. “I have always been careful,” Josepha whispered, attempting to keep her voice in check. “But what can a girl do against men with guns and batons?”
“I did not mean to upset you, Miss Sutherland. I do apologize for mentioning it. It was thoughtless of me.”
Her hand did not shake as she lifted the teacup to her lips. She was flustered but in control. After a long drink of tea she slowly replaced her cup in its saucer and lifted her gaze to meet his. “You can meet me at the Old Ebbit at six.”
“On 14th and F ?”
“Yes, that’s the one.”
She rose from her chair and he quickly followed suit. “Any particular reason?”
“For what?”
“For the Old Ebbitt?”
“Is there a problem with my choice?”
“Not at all.”
“Then I will see you at six,” and with that she turned on her heel and strode away, leaving Sasha speechless and perfectly smitten. ©2012GwennWright


Wandering what's going on? Don't worry even fans of Filter and Bluestocking are most likely stumped! Or are they? :)
Read Filter, Book One of The von Strassenberg Saga on your Kindle or Nook today! The paperback is also available on Amazon. You can also check out The von Strassenberg Saga on Goodreads!
 

2 comments: