Monday, February 8, 2010

52 pages of Viktor and Katherine!


Yes, his name use to be William. But, ethnically, it didn't fit.
And now, despite their protestations, I have dragged their story out to 52 pages. They want very badly to be together. But it's just too soon. It takes a lot of restraint as an author to not just jump in because your characters want you to. It's kind of liking being a teenager and refraining from doing what your hormones demand you do. It's better for them this way.
Funny, writing is both exhilarating and tiring. I'm a little emotionally worn out now. And ready for more.
Props must needs be given to the sounds that drown out reality for me whilst I am writing.
Special thanks to: Michael Buble, Debussey, Norah Jones, Ella Fitzgerald and, yes I admit it, Bella's Lullaby from the Twilight soundtrack. Hush.
It's funny because the one voice prefers the classical and the past voice prefers the jazz. Odd.
Things are starting to get complicated and I needed to come up for air.
Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment