Monday, April 26, 2010

Paranormal Activity

Where was I when this movie came out?
It has been a LONG time since a movie actually gave me shivers.
My father suggested that I watch Paranormal Activity, which shocked me a bit because he so vehemently hated Blair Witch. But this, he said, this gave him an actual shiver.
"Fine," I conceded. "Is there ickiness? Overt grossness?"
No. But a bit of strong language.
So I watched.
And had chills and felt myself curling into a protective ball against my husband.

This was all surprising to me, since I am usually the last to jump at things and am so Scully about everything....but this was a brilliantly crafted movie. It just goes to show that technical skills come second to mad storytelling skills. It was brilliantly paced and well thought out.
If you've been reading this blog, and I don't know why you would, you will know that I don't like to summarize stories (the point of watching or reading is to discover the story), we'll just say...there's some paranormal activity in this house...hence the title.
My stoic, sensible husband shrugged at it but I was uncommonly impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment