Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Blind Side~Convicted and Uplifted

Going into this movie, my expectations were insanely high. There's been so much hype and Sandra Bullock earned an Oscar for it.
When it was over, when all the pictures during the credits had finished rolling, I looked at my husband and said, "Well isn't that something?"
Because I was rather speechless.
He didn't know what to say either. We were both struck by the sincerity of the film.
Sandra Bullock was not Sandra Bullock in this movie. She was Leigh Anne. She was Mamma.
Tim McGraw was her good humored, strong husband.
I saw the reality in this movie, not the Hollywood.
And more importantly, I saw Christ.
The Blind Side is a Christian movie and, with the exception of the Passion, it is the best. It wasn't preachy. It wasn't held back by poor acting or poor technical work. It was a Hollywood quality Christian film. Between that and this amazing true testimony, I was left speechless, convicted and uplifted.
I am so grateful, not only for the way God worked in the Thouy's (that's probably spelled wrong) lives and in Michael Oher's, but for the fact that a Christian film has finally broken through.
God is amazing.
Praise the Lord for women like Leigh Anne, may there be more of us who are willing to give our all for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment