Friday, June 11, 2010

Fallen

The very long drive from StL to AZ did provide enough time to finish reading Sniegoski's "Fallen". I have to say, this cover that Amazon.com shows makes a lot more sense than the one on the book I bought. That one has an angel boy with no shirt on which makes it look like a girl book. But it's a story about angelic battles and flaming swords that cook your insides. That is not girl book stuff. It was ok. The end of it was so offensive to me I nearly quit reading it. Likening Aaron Corbet to Christ (for the sake of the fallen angels) just went too far. The theology in it was ridiculous. You know what? Unless you're going to get it right, stay away from religious topics. And history. And science. If you're not going to do your research don't write. And if you're going to take so much creative license, I don't even want to read it. It's the same reason I hate adaptations that don't stick to the original story. The writing was ok. The talking dog was annoying after awhile. It just wasn't my favorite. I've read much better boy books, like Anthony Horowitz's Alex Rider series. Those are excellent for young teens. This book....the plot was shallow and then there was this big battle and then it was over. Granted, I know there will be a second book, but the first one was way to shallow for me. I don't know if I can objectively review books that dabble in Christianity. It's another one of those things where the author got the Message mixed up and that can effect someone's perception of Christ and the Gospel and I ain't hip to that jive.

No comments:

Post a Comment