Friday, August 27, 2010

A PG-15 Read

Some recent discussion I've participated in on Amazon have led me to rethink the marketing of my book. Calling it a teen read is too broad. While there aren't any scenes with sex, there are some darker matters the story eludes to. It's essential to the plot. There is also some sensuality, but it's Rocky's first kiss...not her first "time." It's an innocent enough read but because of the tragedy and the sexual tension I don't know if I would want my 13 year old reading it. 14 maybe. 15 and up would be best. Which is why I have started marketing Filter more as a YA novel. It's just the books that I've read recently...Evermore and A Great and Terrible Beauty had some content that was mild as black pepper for adults but I wouldn't want my 13 year old reading them. So, Filter is a YA suspense/romance/family saga and more of  mystery than you know! (And I sold another book on Amazon! Yea!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment