Saturday, June 25, 2011

The von Strassenberg Saga ~ 4/5 Stars

Another review on Goodreads.
"I have to admit...at one point in time I almost put this book down. The situation: Raquel, the heroine, is torn between the skinny, pasty boy and the buff, tanned boy who can't seem to keep his shirt on. Sound familiar? Thank goodness I am a bit of a stubborn reader and it takes a lot for me to abandon a book, or else I really would have missed out on a compelling story.

Told as two stories that are invariably intertwined, set in two different eras, Wright creates an engaging plot line in the present of a girl struggling to escape her impoverished situation and the love story in the past that will impact her life. We have only seen the tip of the iceberg of this collision at the close of this first installment. Be warned: we are left with more questions than answers and I was left with a profound lack of closure. 

And unlike the heroine in the series alluded to before, I find Raquel to be a strong mix of toughness, independence, intelligence, and flaw-I liked her. I can't wait to find out what becomes of her and see the unraveling of this masterful web of family dynamics that spans, literally, 100 years."
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/173899535         $2.99 for Nook --->> http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/filter-gwenn-wright/1100248778?ean=2940012882028&itm=1&usri=filter%2bgwenn%2bwright

No comments:

Post a Comment