Sunday, June 19, 2011

The von Strassenberg Saga ~ Another Review

From GoodReads http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11234679-filter
"Amazing! This is the best book I have read in a long time. It is one of those books that I want so badly for my friends to read, just so I can discuss the plots, twists and potential theories with someone! It is so compelling and had my heart racing the whole time! There were times that I would stop to catch my breath after an incredible plot twist! This is a remarkably brilliant debut novel that is so uniquely written that it becomes nearly impossible to put it down. I am generally one of those people that can predict the twists and turns of a plot, yet this story kept me guessing until the last few pages. What was so remarkable about the book, was that it followed two characters from different centuries simultaneously. Initially, I was hesitant to read a book intertwining two plots at once, because it could potentially become confusing. The author flawlessly mixes these two components of the book and it becomes so suspenseful and unlike anything I have ever read before. The writing felt so true to the time period and I felt so attached to the characters of both stories. In a time when readers like myself are becoming bored with the same supernatural characters fashioned in a new way, this book was such a refreshing breath of fresh air. It is actually hard for me to review this book because I don't want to give anything away! All I can say is that it is brilliantly dark, and one of the most fascinating romances I have ever read! The description in the book is so vivid that I actually felt like I was watching a movie as I was reading it. I can't wait for the next in the series! Highly recommended!"

Also available in paperback. It's $13.99 at Amazon, that nifty little box below will take you there, but it's $10 at Barnes & Noble online. The cool thing with B&N is you can have them ship it to your nearest store, I think it saves you shipping costs...maybe. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/filter-gwenn-wright/1031095925 

No comments:

Post a Comment