Friday, August 19, 2011

Book Buying Moratorium

Here's the thing.
I love the idea of a TBR list, but seriously....I'm an emotional reader, a mood-reader. So having a stack of books that must be read in a certain order just isn't going to work and it wouldn't be fair to the books I'm reading, because I'll resent them.
It has occurred to me that my shelves, both physical and digital, are full of books that I purchased or was given but have not read. There are enough of them to offer the requisite diversity to keep me from getting edgy or resentful.
It might very nearly kill me and I will have to avoid the used bookstore like it's that girl I went to high school with who is fresh-faced as she drops her kids off at school at 7:30 in the morning and is still thin as a stick... Small-town life is a constant high school reunion, but I digress.
No more book buying until I read all these dang books.
A sample of the list around me:
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (started, didn't finish, guess I will)
Water for Elephants
Shinju
The Likeness
Fallen
Vintage Affair
Galway Bay
The Yellow House
Bitterroot Crossing
Hideaway - Koontz
all of my Charlaine Harris and Vince Flynn books....


Sigh, this could take awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment