Friday, June 8, 2012

Conversing with Characters

Oh this book and I.
It has been difficult since the end of Bluestocking Girl.
Over and over I have tried to find the beginning of this book.
I've started at different points, with different characters.
I've typed page upon page of character development...ignored the book entirely and worked on other projects.
And then it happened last night.
I found the "new Maria's" voice.
And it wasn't at all what I expected. It reminds me vaguely of Galadriel.
Also, she speaks in a different verb tense than I would have guessed.
Some people asked, "Why did you write Bluestocking in first person!?'
Filter was also written in first person.
It just depends on the character and how they want to tell their side of things.
Anyway, it's early. I haven't had coffee but was so excited to share my craziness with you.
It's exciting!
Be excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment