Monday, December 9, 2013

My Personal Plague of Locusts

Usually on Sundays no one wants to cook dinner. It's undoubtedly been a long week and another is on the verge of beginning. This, coupled with the fact that cereal is expensive and filled with all kinds of junk, often leads us to make lots of pancakes on Sunday nights. This way we have dinner and a hot breakfast item for the morning. Last night I tripled the recipe....
Apparently I need to pentuple the recipe. I don't think that's even a word but I'm going to use it because my locusts (ages 13, 10, and 8 ....all male), devoured the leftover pancakes this morning before school. ALL of them.
So this morning I spent about an hour making a triple batch of waffles. That's a lot of waffles. Let's hope it lasts the rest of the week. They should last. I'm hoping they last.
For waffles I use the recipe from my mom's vintage Betty Crocker cookbook. Circa 1970 something.
We also add a little cinnamon and vanilla.


No comments:

Post a Comment